The European Scientific Working group on Influenza (ESWI) is looking forward to organizing the 7th edition of its ESWI Influenza Conferences in Valencia, Spain, on 6-9 December 2020. Over the past years, the ESWI Influenza Conferences have grown into the largest European scientific conferences dedicated to influenza. This edition also welcomes abstract submission on RSV disease and COVID-19.
In keeping with its excellent scientific reputation, the upcoming seventh edition will give the floor to the most renowned Influenza virus , RSV and SARS-CoV-2 scientists, public health experts and healthcare professionals.
Why should influenza, RSV disease and COVID-19 experts meet?
1. From a clinical perspective
- Influenza virus, RSV, SARS-CoV-2 cause similar disease
- Influenza and RSV disease and COVID-19 hit the elderly hardest
2. From a pathogenesis perspective
- Clear overlaps as well as clear differences
- Resulting in major implications for intervention strategies
3. From an intervention strategies perspective (vaccines, antivirals and biological response modifiers)
- Intervention strategies for influenza, RSV disease and COVID-19 are improving and emerging
- Prospects for:
- Combined diagnostics/ management strategies
- Combined vaccination strategies
- Biological response modifiers: similar pathogeneses resulting in similar approaches
4. From a policy perspective
- Overlapping epidemic and pandemic preparedness strategies
- Reimbursement policies for both influenza and RSV intervention strategies are crucial
Questions and answers
Yes, registration fees for ESWI are transferred for the new Congress date
Yes, registration for ESWI 2020 is open. Early bird registration closes on 25 September.
Yes, the deadline for abstract submission is now set on 7 August 2020.
Every oral and poster presentation is required to have a registered author. So at least one author should register and pay the participation fee. Any author who is impacted by a travel ban, will be allowed to do a remote presentation. The exact process for remote oral and poster presentations will be announced in August 2020.
In case of cancellation before 4th September 2020, ESWI will refund the applicant 50% of the registration fee. On or after 4th September 2020, no refund will be payable to the applicant.